These outdoor living spaces from the AD archives offer a perfect place to lounge next to the pool , dine alfresco, or take in the surrounding landscape. Whether terrace, loggia, or quaint nook, these outdoor living rooms are as stylish as the amazing homes they accompany, from a chic summer retreat in the Hamptons to a waterfront vacation house in Nova Scotia. Click through to discover stylish patio ideas and designs to help you prep your outdoor space for the months ahead.
1. The loggia of a Las Vegas home by Atelier AM overlooks boxwood parterres designed by Robert E. Truskowski and a reflecting pool that culminates with John McCracken’s sculpture White Light.
2. At Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber’s Los Cabos, Mexico, home, which was built by Legorreta + Legorreta, the outdoor living room’s seating is made of niwala limestone from Spain.
3. Off the meditation room of a California house by Dirk Denison, a roof deck doubles as a dining area. The built-in teak daybed has cushions and pillows of Perennials outdoor fabric.
4. A Ben Jones dog sculpture is displayed on the slate-paved terrace of a London home designed by Rafael de Cárdenas.
6. Overlooking the Seattle skyline and Elliot Bay, the 900-square-foot rooftop terrace of designer Terry Hunziker’s Pioneer Square apartment is planted with vibrant Japanese maple trees and manicured shrubs.
7. Vintage Arne Jacobsen side chairs surround a custom-made table in the outdoor dining area of a Hamptons home by Tod Williams and Billie Tsien.
August 21, 2017