- Using a single color palette is an excellent choice for any interior
- It creates harmony — because it’s really all one base color.
“‘Monochromatic’ simply means is that you take one basic color and apply color theory to create a range of hues by playing with the various tones, shades, and tints that can be created from the original.”
- Going monochrome will guide your decisions, and pull everything together seamlessly.
- Sticking to one color palette helps create a soothing and restful environment.
“Research by The University of Texas found that websites with a monochromatic background palette were easiest for others to read. They attribute these findings to the fact that the brain has less to process and therefore is able to better concentrate on the website’s content. You can take this same principle and use a single color palette to showcase your space’s best features.”
- Focus on complimenting your main color with a variety of neutrals; Pops of white and black give the eye a place to rest from the intensity of the main shade.
- If you’re uninspired by neutrals, natural materials can work in much the same fashion. Use wooden furniture to break up your bedroom or a set of ultra-modern metal chairs to making your dining space really stand out.
250 total views, 6 views today